Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Dilshan set to miss final Test

Sri Lanka captain Tillakaratne Dilshan is set to miss the final Test against England after suffering a hairline fracture of his right thumb when he was twice hit by Chris Tremlett.

The third Test starts at the Rose Bowl on June 16, and Dilshan admitted after the draw at Lord's that he will struggle to make it.

Dilshan told Sky Sports 1: "It is a small fracture. I will have to wait for 10-15 days and I shall see how it goes before the next Test match.

"I feel I will miss the last Test but I'll see how it goes in the next couple of days."

Kumar Sangakkara would replace Dilshan as captain if the right-hander is ruled out.

Dilshan's absence would be a major blow for the tourists after he was named man of the match in the second Test at Lord's for his sparkling 193 in the first innings.


Please enable JavaScript to view the comments powered by Disqus.Powered by Disqus

No comments:

Post a Comment